Summer Vacations !!!

May is synonymous to summer vacations for children. I remember spending my vacations in my grandmother's place in our native. Since my mom was also a working mom, me and my brother went to my grandmother's place and we stayed at our grandparents house without my parents. The legacy continues with my son. He is always excited for summer vacations. When my mom arrives to take him at her place, he seldom feels the pain of separation from us instead he is so excited that he happily waves us a good bye and assures us that he will behave like a good child wherever he goes. I am amazed by his sense of maturity when it comes to such incidents. He does gives me a hard time at many instances but there are some circumstances where he shows impeccable understanding. 

He loves staying with his grandparents at Alibag. Everyday starts with playing on beach and ends with playing on beach. When he is not playing on beach, he is visiting some sightseeing, gardens. And lastly he is visiting all our family friends houses, climbing trees and enjoying his life to fullest. These are some experiences which we do not get in cities, but these are very important in a kid's childhood. Same is the case when he is visiting his paternal native near Kolhapur. He is an extrovert and loves to meet new people. He always needs someone with him and really hates being alone. So either ways he is very happy and lucky to have such grandparents. If I were a stay at home mom, I could have accompanied him at these places. But I am not and so it means that we have to face the pain of separation for a month.

The first few days it is very calm and quiet and I start making a list of house hold chores that he won't let me to do, like arranging all his closets, washing cushions which are filled with his stains. However loneliness starts gripping after few days. Coming home to a vacant house is bit depressing. When I come home from work, my son gives me a celebrity red carpet arrival welcome and then he won't leave me until he sleeps. So when he is not around I try to pursue some hobbies which I really don't get time, like reading books, watching movies....but instead I open my laptop and start seeing his videos right from when he was one day old to his last birthday party videos. We all moms are so similar. We keep nagging when our kids don't let us do anything and the moment we get some free time, we start missing them.

So for outsiders it looks like now you are free for a month sleep whenever you want, getup whenever you want but the thing is I miss him all the time and just can't wait to see him on weekends. Now I feel how strong our mothers are when they left us to pursue our education at hostels. For Aarush, there is still lot of time for these things....but the way he is growing up that day won't be that far. However, I do feel that letting kids stay away from you for these vacations will make them independent. They will get to be on their own and start interacting with other people. Meanwhile you can also, try to catch up with friends, your spouse in this time. If possible take unpaid leave during your kids vacation time to stay together. You can also plan a short trip to some historical place so that your kid will be engaged in history. Try to make most of your kid's vacation time and in case you have to leave your child away from you be strong its just a matter of few weeks.....



Comments

Popular Posts